Hi folks, I am teaching a class for 3 hours two times a week while writing a manual for the Class as we go. Sorry I have neglected my post; hopefully I will have more for you soon. Here is the First Class Scriptures for understanding Prayer. I hope you use them often.
LESSON I – PRAYER THAT BRING RESULTS
Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours Matthew 21:21-22 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
- Prayer that brings results must be based on God’s Word. Start with the answer which is the Word John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you 1st John 3:22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 1st John 5:14-15; This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. Isaiah 55:8-11 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
- Begin the application of faith.
- Confession: Believe you receive when you pray. Hold fast to your confession Hebrews 4:11-16 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. 14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need
- Act as though it was already done: James 2:14-24 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. 20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone
III. Refuse to allow doubts and fear to enter your consciousness.
- Satan works in the area of suggestions, dreams and visions. Visions, dreams, etc., must agree completely with the Word. Refer to Point I.
- You are the establishing witness; Satan, doubt, etc. is on one hand saying that you don’t have it; the Word is on the other hand saying that you do.
- 2nd Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Control your mind with the Word.
- Dwell on the answer instead of the problem.
- `Refuse to accept anything against you and your receiving! Most people will try to talk you out of your stand of faith on the Word!
- See yourself succeed, not fail.
- Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. 21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
- Matthew 6:22-23 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
- Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh Make no provision for the flesh to fail. Prepare to succeed!
- Testify of what you believe-the Word. Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
- You are redeemed by the blood of Jesus. You have a right to all Jesus can do.
- Add your testimony to what you have received by the blood.
- Get involved helping someone else. Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
- Get on the giving end. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” If you need healing, pray for someone else. James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- The way you measure out is how it will be measured back to you.
- The Word says God is love.
- Theology magnifies the power of God rather than His love, compassion.
- The Word magnifies His willingness to use His power more than the power itself.
3. Never doubt God’s willingness to use His power to set us free!